Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Small Change Makes a Big Change

Second Dimension

I have had a lot of trouble trying to decide on the best second dimension, it has been hard working out whether to go with a digital aspect or traditional paper based ideas.
In the end I decided to work on the idea of small change donations. Because of the current financial climate many people would not want to commit to donating regular amounts of money, so instead I decided to focus on smaller donations of loose change and foreign currency that people may have in their pockets or lying about the house, but still give them an option for regular donations. As well as collecting money for War on Want this would spread the information about what is currently happening in Palestine and the aid work War on Want is doing to help.
I will be designing a leaflet that will be based on the design of my poster, this will include information about Palestine and how to donate money. I will also attach a custom made envelope to the front of the leaflet that will be possible to pull off and use to donate change to any schools or universities and also a selection of ethical shops like Lush, Body Shop, Fat Face and V Cosmetics.
I would have liked to have designed something slightly more exciting but I feel the leaflets would be most economical and effective. If sent directly to students and a younger generation they would encourage people to get involved with War on Want's work.

No comments:

Post a Comment