Monday, March 15, 2010

Research

As part of my research for this project I have bought several different magazines I would consider to be high and and have looked through them to find consistencies with their layouts, and to work out what works and what doesn't.
I bought Elle, Vogue, Graphik, Pop and ID. All these magazines are very varied, I think the most likely one to feature an article on Bruce Connew would be a magazine like Graphik. The layouts in this magazine are actually quite different to the others. The pages have more white space and there are many over laps with text and images. The structure in the other magazine sticks very rigidly to grids. I will pick out spreads that I find interesting and spreads that feature interviews similar to the one I have transcribed.
I have also been looking into more of Bruce Connew's work. He has a large archive of past work which is all quite different so I will focus on his latest project 'I Must Behave' as this is what he talks about in his Typeradio interview.

No comments:

Post a Comment