Saturday, March 27, 2010

Leaving the Comfort Zone...

On friday we had a critique to look at layout designs. My layout was really well received, I went for a minimal layout with a large area of white space. However, the tutors jumped on my typography and told me to do something more experimental as the hand drawn typography was too 'me'. I understand why I was told this but I am annoyed, as this is the only project so far n which I have been able to use my own style and I have enjoyed working out how I can implement it. I have now been told to scrap this completely, which worries me as my aim for the end of this course is to move onto the BA Illustration, however with no experience of illustrating and no chances to develop my skills I am concerned the course is not pointing me in the right direction.
I was told to look into printmaking, but it now being Easter, and the crit is on the second day back, I wont have a chance to do this. I have instead tried to build my own letters out of black card to photograph experimenting with arrangement and shadows.

1 comment: