Friday, March 19, 2010

Hand Drawn Typography

Yesterday we had a session studying typography and the reasons why certain styles were used to represent the meaning of the text. We were asked to choose a word to represent our designer and then design some typography to show this word.
I decided on the word 'temporary' as I am basing my article on Connew's opinion that his work is ultimately temporary and cannot last forever.
I decided on a stencil font because this reminds me of graffiti, which in it's nature is temporary. I then used a dotted line, becoming more sparse towards the end of the word as if it were slowly evaporating.
We left pieces of paper next to our word so that other people could write words they would associate with the image. All the words that were put next to mine were words that I had associated myself, so I was pleased other people managed to reach the same associations as me.

No comments:

Post a Comment