Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Website Testing

I have now had to test my website on a combination of different browsers and machines to make sure that is appears as it is meant to.  The variants that I have had to check are that the colours are correct, that all the links work, external and internal and also that the size is easily viewable.  I tested my website on different browsers using Browser Lab and did not have any issues.

However, I decided to check my website worked on different machines; it worked well on a Mac and a PC, however on a laptop and smaller screen sizes the website appeared slightly too large meaning that the user had to scroll down to view all the menu options.

I overcame these issues by moving the menu buttons closer together whilst making the text slightly smaller.  This works much better and looks much neater on a both a smaller and larger resolution.

Another issue that was brought up in the critique was that the email button located on the header was slightly to large so could be accidentally clicked on.  This was because I had made too larger slice when I moved the image from Photoshop.  I changed this by making the slice smaller and works much more efficiently now.

No comments:

Post a Comment