Thursday, December 2, 2010

Website Designs

I've experimented with several different website headers.  I want it to be instantly interesting and represent me and my work as this is the first thing that anyone visiting the website will see.
I have decided to use a more illustrative header sampling some of the flowers I have used elsewhere in my images.
I want to keep the website very simple and easy to navigate.  I've looked at a variety of different portfolio websites and the ones I feel work best and show the artist's work in the best light are those that are clear and simple, quick to load and do not have too much information on one page.
I have divided my work into four categories, Illustration, Photography, Design and Typography.  This splits my work into four easy groups and distributes the work evenly.  There is less work in the Design page however, hopefully I will have enough to update this soon.  I will keep no more than 14 thumbnails to a page so that the user is not overwhelmed with information. 
I will stick to a black, white and grey colour scheme, only using black to highlight which page the user is on with small splashes of yellow on the header.  This colour scheme keeps the viewer's attention on my work rather than anything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment