Monday, October 19, 2009

Poole - A Visual Insight


For this brief we were asked to produce an editorial illustration to feature in one of a series of articles in a national newspaper, shedding light on the regeneration of Britain's key coastal towns. The image must illustrate the article focusing on aspects of the regeneration of Poole in Dorset.


For this brief I used the sketches and photos that I had taken the previous week on our day trip to Poole as inspiration. I also went back again to collect some more images once I had an idea of the direction I would need to go in.
The buildings that caught my attention were the RNLI building and the apartments at the end of the Quay because of their modern futuristic look, but also because their shape reminded me of boats. With the idea of regeneration in mind, (OE definition: 'Bring into renewed existence') I thought I could incorporate Poole's Fishing history with the new regeneration.

The Critique for this brief was very useful, there was a wide range of ideas and the feedback was always constructive and interesting. It was suggested I experiment with colour for my image as it is currently black and white so this is something I will look into.

No comments:

Post a Comment