Monday, October 24, 2011

Tutorial

Todays tutorial with Joel and Marcus was with everyone that was looking at 'The Bloody Chamber' brief, so it was interesting to see what direction other people were taking.  Everyone seems to be concentrating on the gothic aspect and on femininity, although the way in which these are interpreted vary greatly.  I found the photography particularly interesting, and the way people were able to capture the dark mood of the short stories.

I was advised to concentrate on my ink work, as the pen definition in faces made them look slightly over worked.  I agree with this and a piece that was picked out as an example of where my ink work is effective is one that I was quite keen on.  I always find it strange when something that is sketched so quickly can capture a mood or feeling that a time consuming image cannot.

In terms of my book cover, I was advised to put a background on it to give it more depth.

No comments:

Post a Comment