Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Polarpatterns Banner



I have been asked by a London based composer, sound artist and practicing architectural acoustician to create typography and illustrations for a new website.  She asked for drawn typography that gives a hand drawn, pencil on paper feeling.  She felt that this would be a good contradiction to the sound, which is mainly made on computers so is more abstracted.  She also likes lots of detail and when letters are slightly hidden so you have to look for them.

I decided to use a pen line drawn technique, using the negative space between pattern to show the letters.  I also tried another method, using the pattern to fill the letters.  I sent these options to my client to see which they preferred and they wanted to combine elements from the first two.

No comments:

Post a Comment