Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Last Tutorial

The last tutorial went better than I had expected.  I have been so close to my work for such a long time that I think I've lost all perspective, so I wasn't expecting very positive feedback, especially after seeing the quality of everyone else's work.

However, the feedback was really good.  It was suggested I work some colour into my images and also consider some kind of narrative or text to sit alongside my work.  This instantly brought to mind the work of Manuel Rebollo and the way he uses text woven into his images of women.

The way my figure is always looking away from the camera, often looking into the distance as if lost in thought would allow me to explore the idea of unsaid thoughts, secrets or confessions.  They way I avoid using faces leaves the image slightly ambiguous, and I wanted to continue this with the text, so rather than use words to explain the image, I want to continue the intrigue.

No comments:

Post a Comment