Monday, March 5, 2012

Black and White Fashion Experimentation

I really like the contract of solid black against white in this image, however the figure looks slightly too doll-like, without expression or meaning.

I like the composition of this image.  I cut half the figure off to have her hiding, not only behind her arm, but slightly off the page.  Water and ink seem to give a really good representation of denim on her shorts.

This image may be slightly too abstract, as it is hard to know what is happening.  I do like the way the fabric melts into drips, it gives the image a slightly more loose feel.

I really enjoy painting hair, and there is something really delicate and vulnerable about only the neck and hair showing.

I think this image might be slightly too complex, although I do like the composition.

1 comment: