Monday, April 19, 2010

Bruce Connew

Today I received an email from Bruce Connew. It was a really thought through response and I am so grateful to him for taking the time to respond. His thought provoking answers have not only helped me with my project but made me think more about my own work and look at his in a different way.
Connew also mentioned where his next project would be taking him, mapping his childhood neighbourhood. He sent an early photo from the series, and I'm really looking forward to seeing the rest when it is finished.
I really feel now, more than ever that I would like to present the article on him in a way he would approve and show his personality in the choice of text and images.

'Design becomes part of the encouragement of the idea ... it must respond to the idea. Very few designers are capable of that response, it takes a fine mind.'

No comments:

Post a Comment