Friday, February 12, 2010

After Effects

After researching different animations I decided I definitely prefer those done on After Effects, they seem more creative, interesting and flow much better. However, when I mentioned this in a tutorial I was told that there was not need to use After Effects as my animation could easily be done in Flash. I considered this... but being stubborn and never one to take the easy way out I decided I would still try After Effects and compare this to Flash.
I did a short section in Flash using the screen of holes scrolling across and then did the same thing in After Effects. Mind made up.
So I am now trying to learn After Effects, after thinking Flash was daunting I clearly had no idea... After Effects seems to use several similar tools as Photoshop but with a timeline. It is taking a long time to learn each technique I need to create my animation from the storyboard, however so far it seems quite accurate. 10 seconds down... plenty more to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment