Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Visual Equations PPRD

This unit is to show everything that has been learnt so far about text and image so I tried to include a lot of the semiotic theories I had learnt, and also the lessons I had learnt in typography. I decided to look at different forms of communication throughout time. I wrote a list of many types of communication, and then mismatched these types to create each image. Once the mediums were paired this allowed me to think further into each image. The message I wanted to convey with these pieces is how each message only seems to make sense within its own context, and how this changes when it the context is changed. For example, when a text message takes days to be created in embroidery, rather than seconds on a mobile phone, an audience may take more time to think about what has been said. Given time I would have liked to look at other means of communication and also physically create some of these ideas such as the wax seal on an envelope.

No comments:

Post a Comment