Sunday, January 15, 2012

Portsmouth Aquarium

Portsmouth Aquarium was a really useful starting off place, to see fish swimming naturally and watch how they move.  It was great to get so close to the fish too, they all seem to have their own expressions which will translate really well as characters.

The photos I have taken of fish swimming is really helpful to create a scene.  At the moment I only have fish from the side, but not from other perspectives so this allows me to find more creative ways to position them.

The two horned cow fish.  I love this fish, he was so strange looking and definitely deserves a place in my book.


Leopard Moray Eel


I really like the way the light shines through the water, I'd like to experiment with backgrounds to achieve a similar effect.


The jelly fish look amazing, especially with this lighting.  I think they would work well to be created with ink.

No comments:

Post a Comment